Lifting Machine inspection Entity and Lifting Machine Inspector
Riggers Steeplejacks (Pty) Ltd is registered with the Department of Labour as a Lifting Machine Inspection Entity (LME) and several of its employees are registered with the Engineering Council (ECSA) as LMI’s.
SABSWe are active, participant members of the SABS’ Technical Committee for the work at height industry. We pioneered the adoption of the European design standard EN1808 by the SABS – this is currently known as SANS 51808 and we played a leading role in the drafting of SANS 10295 parts One and Two.
Riggers steeplejacks (PTY) Ltd systems are designed, manufactured, installed and maintained in compliance with all the relevant SANS codes and OHS Regulations:
- SANS 51808 – Safety Requirements on Suspended access Equipment – Design calculations, stability criteria, construction – Tests.(also front- end specification SANS1903)
- SANS 10295: 1 Building maintenance units
- SANS 10295: 2 Temporary suspended platforms
- Driven Machinery Regulations DMR 18
- Construction Regulations 2014 – CR 17